Tuesday, February 4, 2014

2013 in Review

Some day or other, I believe I will find a way to have my own exhibition in a café.
-Vncent Van Gogh to his brother Theo, June 10, 1890

click photos to enlarge...
Portland's 
I had a good year as far as exhibiting in 2013. The year started out with me fulfilling Van Gogh’s hope. I had a solo exhibit at a café, Portland’s Restaurant & Wine Bar in Phoenix.
Next up in March was the 25 Years Downtown show at monOrchid, a group exhibit which was held at the time of Art Detour and included the monOrchid Art Ball
Rafael Navarro, Fred Tieiken, Gennaro Garcia & Moi at the Art Ball

I had work included in two summer exhibits, The Klown show at the new R. Pela Contemporary Art gallery in July and the Thermal PHX exhibit that ran for three months in the summer.


with Eric Cox at R. Pela

In September I was privileged to have two paintings in the Messin’ With the Masters exhibit at the Mesa Contemporary Arts Museum which ran through January 2014.
 With Nicole Royce & Lee Davis at MCA Museum

 Also in October I donated 2 paintings for the Mesa  10x10 Show & Sale. One of these was purchased by a collector from Spain.

Then in October Randy Slack honored me by inviting me to be in the Chaos Theory exhibit at Legend City for a second time.

James Angel myself & Randy Slack at Legend City

Finally in October-November I had a piece in the Rotting the Barrel show in the Bokeh Gallery at monOrchid.


Besides Gallery exhibits I had my first on line sale to a collector in Brooklyn through Saatchi Galleries web site.

In the summer we took a week trip to LA to check things out and visit the museums.

All in all not to bad a year. And as you can see I got to hangout with some great artists and see some great art.  

No comments:

Post a Comment